Yes! And by helping you fund an author visit, the organization achieves greater visibility by forging partnerships with neighborhood schools resulting in greater community “buy in” to literacy issues.
- Service organizations: Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Lions Clubs, etc.
- Museums that have a special tie-in to the author’s books
- Major corporations: Target, Wal-Mart, McDonald’s, Burger King, Publix, Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc.
- Friends of the Library organization of your public library
- Local independent businesses that support other aspects of your community (look for plaques in restaurants, libraries, schools, stadiums, law offices, and medical offices).
- Philanthropic groups: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s literacy programs, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, etc.